Friday, January 28, 2005

today's appointment

Saw my gyn today. Had scheduled the appointment a while back, to go over test results etc. It was, unfortunatley, a waste of time. I sat in the waiting room for half an hour, sat in the exam room for another 15 minutes (at least I had brought some work with me so it wasn't a complete loss), then she came in to chat.

She told me that my HSG was normal (that *was* nice to hear - at the test, the radiologist had said something like "we should see the dye spilling into your peritoneum", but didn't actually say whether he did or not. I should have asked, but for some silly reason I'm intimidated by doctors. Need to get over that.) Other than that,not much. I did at least ask her for a copy of my blood test results, so I know what all those numbers actually are. (Just about everything is on the low side of normal for the follicular phase). I asked for printouts of my HSG as well, just 'cause it's cool, but she said I'd have to request that from radiology.

On a completely different note, I had lunch today with a friend from when I worked here before (I'm back at the company I worked for before I went to grad school), we talked about her daughter (18mos), and then it turns out she's pregnant again, due in July :-) So she asked whether I wanted kids at any point, so I told her the whole sordid story. Turns out both of her kids were conceived through IVF.

It's amazing how many people have trouble conceiving. Growing up we all think that you can get pregnant at the drop of a hat, but I know so many people (not even including blog world) who have had, or are having trouble. If only we knew then what we know now!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am glad the HSG went OK! That's one huge relief. I always hear stories from friends and family of people who have had trouble conceiving, but unfortunately in my world, I am the only one. All of my married friends have more than one child, and both of my sisters are pregnant. My husband and I needed marriage counseling after everything we went through, and the therapist is now pregnant! Everyone around me gets pregnant. Keep talking to me, and you will be next! LOL