Wednesday, March 02, 2005

fucking doctors

So I was reading Lisa's blog, and checked out her link on varicoceles. It sounded like that could definitely be M's problem, particularly as his testicles look exactly like the picture (one of them is definitely smaller than the other...) So I forwarded the link to him, and he told me he's pretty sure that's what he has, his doctor told him when he was sixteen. (I don't know if he mentioned the technical term, but the doc said 'it feels like a sac of worms'). BUT, the damn doctor *never* bothered to mention to him that it might affect his fertility.

I can understand not saying anything to a sixteen year old, but you would think that maybe once he was married????

I'm *so* angry. I don't know if it's worth going forward with IUI until this has been fixed, and the fact that it's making us wait probably another few months when it's something that we could have had fixed ages ago really pisses me off.

For me, right now, the waiting is definitely the hardest part. I think I'd be much more okay with it if we were actually able to "try" each month, but since I still have not seen any sight of CB, I'm just fucking waiting. fuck fuck fuck.

2 comments:

Mollywogger said...

You used by patented term! That's so awesome!

But so NOT awesome that your husband's doctor wouldn't mention your husband's potential problem as an infertility factor. What the hell? Who does that??

Thinking of you -- M

Lisa said...

I am glad my blog was a help to you. The "sac of worms" description definitely pertains to varicoceles. I can't believe the doctor did not explain to him that it could affect his fertility. I can't remember, did you get the results of the semen analysis yet? That should determine how damaged the sperm are as far as motility and morphology. IUI could still work for you depending on the condition of the sperm. I know how you feel, it is not easy. Just know that there will be a day where conditions will be right to get pregnant. Probably not the way you dreamed about it all your life, but there will be a way.