Friday, March 25, 2005

Good news! (no, not *that* good)

So having seen the Crimson Bitch for the very first time under my own power on 3/10, I could theoretically be ovulating at some point in the near future. I had started using OPK sticks last Sunday (there I go, being all optimistic again)... the first one had a very faint LH line, Monday's and Tuesday's were completely blank. Of course, since I've only had one period, I really have no idea how long my cycle might potentially be.

On Weds, I had my appointment at the MGH reproductive endocrinology clinic to discuss potentially using pulsatile GnRH vs. injectables. The doc offered to do an ultrasound to check out how my ovaries were doing - I actually have a follicle at 14mm!!! Last time I got poked, the biggest one was 8-9mm, so this is a definite positive sign. I'm going for another poke later today to see if it's actually progressing. I know it's such a small thing, but I feel like I might finally be able to think about 'trying'. Of course that's going to involve more poking, given the MF, but at least now I'm in line to get my number, and might be heading to the starting gate! (At that point I'm hoping for a 100 yard dash rather than a marathon or triathlon, but we'll have to wait and see).

Dr. Pulsatile also mentioned a clinical trial that I could potentially participate in, comparing use of Clomid to pulsatile GnRH (if I am not, after all, ovulating on my own) which might be a nice way to go given that my insurance won't cover any of the treatments.

No comments: