Thursday, July 14, 2005

I'm a hockey nut!

Thanks so much for all the kind words. It's so nice to have people who get it!

I'm heading up to Dartmouth to ice hockey camp this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it, going up there with three of my team-mates so it should be a blast. I can't believe this is my fourth year going up there. I should be packing, but I'm procrastinating on the internet. ha.

I'm hoping I'm going to feel alright for playing. I was in the lunch room at work today getting a glass of water, and my boss was in there as well. I think he was making himself an iced tea (literally, tea over ice). He dropped a bit of ice on the floor. I didn't think anything of it, but as I was walking out I stepped on a piece, and whoosh - out my foot went from under me. Just like in the cartoons where you see someone slip on a bannana peel. Fortunately I managed to catch myself so I didn't fall on my ass, but I definitely pulled my gluteus maximus. Hopefully it won't be any worse tomorrow than it was today!

What's the worst / most embarrasing spill you've taken?

3 comments:

EAB said...

My most embarrassing physical whooos was when I lost my balance doing squats a while back. (I do full squats, not just to parallel, and this can be a problem when you're going really deep.) I tipped too far backwards, dumped the bar, and fell on my ass. The power cage kept me from getting hurt, but the bar made a loud enough CLANG that the whole gym got to see me look like a dumbass.

Mistress Krista of stumptuous.com has a similar story about overhead squats, so at least I knew I wasn't the only one ever to do this, but that's a small consolation when you humiliate yourself in front of an entire gym full of male bodybuilder types!

Liz said...

This spring I twisted my ankle in the parking lot at work, then played a very fun hockey tournament in Vegas.

Six months later, it's still not healed but I refuse to take even a game off of hockey for it.

Glad I'm not the only ice hockey player who's getting IUI's in the world. Have fun at camp!

OvaGirl said...

I think I have mentally blocked out all the really enbarrassing falls because they were probably too devastating. I remember the first time I met my boyfriend's mother, she drove me home and I was so nervous I wound my hair up in the car window.