Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm a genius!

Per Dr. Conveyor's orders, I'm on bcp for three weeks. The day after that ends, we head to the northwest for my cousin's wedding followed by a week checking out Portland, Vancouver and Seattle. (Any suggestions for cool things to do there welcomed!). I had mentioned this little trip to Conveyor, and she said for me just to take the bcp for an extra week, then come in afterwards to check for cysts to see if we can start the next cycle.

So I had been trying to figure out what day to stop taking the bcp so that I would be on CD3 the day after we got back. Then wondering if stopping the bcp while away would jinx me and I'd still be stuck with the little cyst bugger. Dilemma, dilemma.

Then I had an epiphany. Go in for the cyst check before I leave, if no cysts, I would know that I was okay to stop the pill and have CD3 the day I got back. Then another whack over the head with the clever stick - there's no reason I can't start the injections while I'm away - I just have to be back for CD7 when they do the first u/s.

will check with the clinic tomorrow, but I could be starting my next cycle a week earlier than I was expecting. Woo-hoo! (I know, I know, it's only a week, but I'd like to have the IUI done by the time my sis delivers - due on 10/18).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

I went to Portland last month. The light rail (MAX) is super easy to use and most of it is free. There is a neat little Chinese Garden in Chinatown. Lots of microbreweries. And Henry's 12th Street Tavern has gorgonzola cheese fries to die for. They do play 80's music everywhere you go though. It's a nice city.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Einstein!

lucky #2 said...

I must say...those BCP are amazing at taking care of those nasty cysts. I stayed on BCP an extra 2 weeks to get me through more of the beginning of school. Glad to hear hope back in your posts!

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Anonymous said...

Don't you need to get bloodwork on CD3? If you don't, this sounds like a great plan. The trip sounds lovely, too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck sweetie! I hope this all works out for you.

I've never really been out west so I can't help you in the suggestion department. But have a great time!!