Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More bullets

Not enough time to blog about everything I'd like to. So more random thoughts.

* DH has worked until 10pm the last four business days. He recently started a new job so that he wouldn't have to travel (which was a strong possbility with the job he left). However, this is NOT better!

* CD4 today. Or maybe 5. I did not have high hopes for this past cycle, but I'm still more bummed than I have let on to almost everyone.

* I did in fact O on CD13 last cycle. It is amazing how quickly that comes up when it's only 8 days post AF, instead of two weeks as was my usual!

* I have a theory on the early O, would love to know if anyone else has experienced this (although I think that in general taking progesterone on natural cycles is fairly unusual). So, last cycle was the first one this round of ttc where I used progesterone, and it extended my LP from 10 to 14 days. So that put CD1 four days later than it would have been otherwise... and I'm thinking that perhaps it aligned my cycles better? Was my O date the same as it would have been, but just on an early CD because of my lengthened LP? The same thing happened to me when we were ttc Timmy, my O's had been CD28 and CD27 the two previous cycles, I used progesterone which extended my LP from 7 days to 16 days and O'ed the following cycle on CD16. The earlier CD of my O seems to be balanced by the longer LP - make any sense?

* I'm a little worried that the D&C's screwed things up in there - after the post-D&C bleeding stopped, my first period was mostly spotting for 8 days, one day of heavy flow. The second was way lighter than usual, four light days and three days of spotting, very similar so far this time. I'm wondering if my lining is not getting thick enough for implantation? I think my plan is to see how the next few cycles go, and if nothing by the end of the year see if I can get a mid-cycle u/s to see what's going on in there. I hope I don't get there, but have a feeling I will.

3 comments:

mara said...

I had really light periods after my first D&C too, and I was also worried that I wasn't making a thick enough lining. But I was able to get pregnant on cycles 3 (chemical) and 4 after the D&C. I googled this issue when I was in your shoes and it seemed pretty common.

Interesting theory! I might have had something similar going on on this cycle. I had a 16 day LP (normally 10) and then O'd somewhere between CD9-13, when usually it was more like CD14-17.

I'm sorry last cycle didn't work out. Really hoping this girl cycle does. :)

Jos said...

Hm, I don't know about the progesterone / O correlation (haven't tried prog to extend LP yet, though it's looking like that's on the horizon) but I definitely understand being bummed by CD1, even when you didn't have high hopes for the cycle. Hang in there. ((HUGS))

Ceejay said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bummed. The LP/O-day connection could also be that the added progesterone is just putting your body in a better place overall? I don't know. Interesting theory, though. I have a feeling things will happen naturally for you in the next cycle or two.