Wednesday, August 10, 2011

PI-OUCH!

So, Just had the WORST PIO experience. When DH tried the first time it felt like he hit the same nerve he'd gotten the first time we did PIO on my right side / hit a knot in a muscle, and he said that the needle wouldn't go all the way in, it felt like it was hitting something hard like bone. So we tried again. And again. And again. then switched to the other side, and same damn thing. I told him to just push the PIO in anyway - well, it started spurting back out again! I almost fainted, darkness was closing in on me, barely made it to our bed.

So I think I'm going to go in to the clinic in the am and just ask if one of the nurses can do it and show me if we've been doing it in the wrong spot. DH said usually it's just like going into butter, but this time it was "crunchy" as if he was hitting something hard. I'm wondering if it's either muscle knots or just the oil that's just kinda hanging out there. Regardless, not fun for either of us (and I actually think less fun for him than me). We went through seven needles (including going in to get more PIO out b/c I squirted it when trying to get the bubble out from the new needle.)

LOL and ARGH at the same time.

Oh, and I figure if I'm in there anyway I might just ask for a beta (tomorrow will be 14dpo, currently scheduled for beta at 17dpo :) Also progesterone, and if it's high enough I'll see if they'll let me switch to vaginal. b/c I think the next shot is going to be HARD!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Youch!! Apparently I should have done tonight's PIO shot before reading... :-)

Seriously, though, I'm sorry you had to go through that. How awful! I hope the nurse can give you some info to prevent that from happening again.

And kudos to your DH for surviving that. Last night, I was being absent-minded after the shot. DH pulls out the needle, and then I put a kleenex over it, except instead of pressing the kleenex down like I usually do to stop the bleeding, for some reason this time I just went straight to rubbing the area to try to disperse the oil. So when I pulled the kleenex away so he could apply the band-aid, half of that side of my butt was covered in bright red blood, and he almost passed out! All the blood drained out of his face. Ooops...

A m a n d a said...

OMG that sounds awful! I was cringing just reading it! I would be curious to see what the nurse says..that sounds so strange.

AHHH BETA TIME ALREADY!!! Hopefully they agree, I don't see why not! GOOD LUCK!!! xox

Carol said...

Oh Nic, I was getting light headed just reading. YIKES!

14 dpo...everything crossed for you!!!

xo! carol

Nico said...

Thanks guys! I was actually quite traumatized - when I was talking about it this am I was almost in tears!

Ceejay said...

Wow, I can't believe it's 14dpo already! Though I'm sure the time has crawled by for you. I almost fainted reading about your needle experience--you're tough!