Friday, April 20, 2012

"Overdue"!

Well, who would have thought, three short months ago, that I would have made it past my due date? I certainly didn't.   But yet here we are.  40w2d today, and no signs of a baby being imminent.

I've gone through a lot of emotions since we found out baby Truffle is missing his corpus callosum.  Three weeks ago, people were asking me if I was excited to meet him and I found that I couldn't honestly answer yes.  Just too many unknowns, what-ifs, thoughts about how different our lives may be from what we had hoped / imagined.

But now that we're here, at the end, I find that I am able to let all those worries go - and I'm just looking forward to meeting our last little boy.  Looking forward to labor, delivery, getting to hold and nurse him for the first time, and SO much looking forward to introducing truffle to his brothers.  They are on pins and needles waiting for his arrival.

I will definitely keep you posted!

1 comment:

Jos said...

I think he knew that you needed that extra time to be ready to anticipate him with just JOY!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!